Sunday, March 24, 2013

What I'm Reading: Sisters Red by Jackson Pierce

I'm currently almost finished with "Sisters Red" by Jackson Pearce and it has been the only book, it seems, to hold my focus right now.  I'm in the midst of a reading/writing ADD attack.  I can't seem to focus on any one thing long enough to finish it.  Even books that I've been waiting for so long for - like "Clockwork Princess" - can't hold my attention.  Unless the very first sentence can grab me, it's not going to.  So "Sisters Red" speaks for itself that I'm as far into as I am.  It's a very unique retelling of Little Red Riding Hood - a true modern retelling that doesn't seek to try too hard to be edgy like so many of the modern retellings do.  Told from the point of view of two sisters, it's exciting, different and a good read for anyone who has a sister.  That's cheesy, right?

Ms. Pearce also has a Hansel and Gretel retelling that I may check out too...



No comments:

Post a Comment